Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Budget Beauty Buys



It's no secret I'm a little cheap when it comes to makeup.  I love using my Lancome eye shadows that come free gift with purchase, but I only treat myself to splurges like department store makeup every year or so (and always only if they have a gift with purchase).  It's been over a year since I've been in a Sephora, but I'm a frequenter of the Target and Ulta beauty aisles and I love trying new, inexpensive makeup.  It's a great way to update your look, for $5 or less sometimes!  Some of my favorite new products have come from the mass market cosmetic companies.  So if you're looking for some new makeup or a different tried and true favorite, check out my favorite beauty buys on a budget.

You have to start with tools you love, two of my favorite brushes are the Expert Face Brush by Real Techniques and the Buffing Brush by EcoTools.  Both have ultra soft bristles (that are bonus, cruelty free) and apply product excellent-ly.  I definitely recommend using a brush for your base if you haven't yet!  After base, eyes are most important to me, so I always fill in my brows.  The ultra inexpensive eyebrow gel from E.L.F. is fabulous (I wish they sold just the cream as I don't use the powder.  Apply it with a detailer brush or angled eye liner brush).  For days I want an extra pop, I use CoverGirl's Liquiline Blast - it goes on super smooth and is really easy to make a winged eye with if the end is sharpened.  For costume parties or dress up events, E.L.F.'s false eyelashes look really realistic too!  For cheeks and lips...you've probably see my previous blog posts singing the praises of the Dream Bouncy Blush, and for lips I love a season neutral berry like the one above by New York Color.  When I feel like a gloss, I reach for my E.L.F. super sparkly pink.

Beauty doesn't have to be expensive!  That I love.  Get all the links and prices here, on Polyvore.  What are your favorite budget beauty buys?

~Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know your questions and comments! We welcome any comments on hair, makeup, products, etc!

Inappropriate comments will be deleted.