Tuesday, May 15, 2012

I Tried It - Dream Bouncy Blush

We're back!  Thanks for bearing with us during our small hiatus.  Patrick was off in California learning all about a new product line: Sexy Hair.  Check back Thursday to see a great post on one of their products.  Today, it's all about the blush.

I'll be the first to admit it - I'm a sucker for pretty packaging and new products.  So when the commercials for Maybelline's Dream Bouncy Blush came on, I couldn't wait to run out of my current blush so I could try it.  So armed with my 5% off day, a $1 off coupon, and a little old blush left, I headed to Target to grab some.

I opted for #40 Pink Plum: a moderately bright pink.  The package claims, "Feels lightweight like a powder, yet melts into skin like a cream."  For the most part I agree.  It is in fact bouncy, reminded me of when you poke a just baked cupcake.  Don't be scared of the "like a cream" part, it's not really.  I use Ben Nye cream blush on stage and this has no where near the thick texture and color saturation that does.

Wearing tips: You definitely have to apply with a brush - when applied with my finger, the color was too delicate and just disappeared into my finger.   I found the most success when I applied it with my Real Techniques Stippling Brush after applying my mousse foundation with the same brush.  It's crazy light, which is perfect for summer and does feel like a powder on, but I found I had to dip into the color several times to achieve the look I wanted.  I do like the subtle flush it gives: I've found I really like the staying power it gives when applied over foundation and then topped with a powder blush.  That seems to give a nice dimension and long lasting look.

Verdict - worth a try for a new summer blush.  Plus it's super cute and doesn't take up any space in your makeup bag.

~Kirsten

What do you think?  Have you tried bouncy blush?  What's your favorite blush?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know your questions and comments! We welcome any comments on hair, makeup, products, etc!

Inappropriate comments will be deleted.