Monday, March 4, 2013

I Tried It: Using Blush as Eye Shadow


I've read a couple of times that you can double blush as eye shadow in a pinch and was always skeptical, so I thought I'd give it a try.  I used my Heather Pink blush from Laura Mercier (that I got free in a Pinterest contest) and applied it with my normal eye shadow brush.  It worked...alright.  It took several layers of color.  The formula was a little crumblier than I was used to, so I had to sweep fallen blush out from under my eyes a couple times and rinse out my contacts that had gotten little pink flecks stuck on them.  But the end result looked good.

The verdict?  Not a fabulous idea, but works okay.  If you're in a pinch or desperately need a color it would work, but I'll stick to eye shadow from now on.

How'd I create this look?  I swept on a shimmery nudish-pink shadow on my brow bone from nose to outer corner, then applied a couple layers of the blush powder on each eye from lash line and into the crease.  Then I wet the brush and applied 2-3 more layers to get a really poppy pink color.  I lined my lids with a wet angled eye liner brush dipped in grey shadow and piled on mascara.

Have you ever tried blush on your eyes or multi-tasked a makeup product?  Leave a comment and let me know how it went for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know your questions and comments! We welcome any comments on hair, makeup, products, etc!

Inappropriate comments will be deleted.