Wednesday, February 27, 2013

I Tried It: The Rocket Volum' Express Mascara

I'm always in search of the perfect mascara...and I've tried a lot.  My most consistent favorite has been Lancome's Hypnose, but I only buy it on occasion as a special splurge.  I've tried and found flaws with lots of mascaras...Covergirl's Eco Mousse version (too smudgy), Maybelline's Great Lash (didn't give me enough volume),  Lancome Defininils (again not enough volume), that big orange Lash Blast tube by Covergirl (the brush was just way too big), NYC's Show Time (actually not too bad).  So it was a shock to me to pick up this weirdly named tube of mascara and actually like it.

Correction.  I love it: Maybelline's The Rocket Volum' Express Mascara.  It applies effortlessly, it's easy to apply a coat or two and doesn't flake or get too crusty.  The large brush has lots of tiny bristles that make wiggling it to coat the base of your lashes super easy and it works on bottom lashes really well.  A small feature that's actually really cool?  The top of the brush is actually flat, so when you pull it out of the tub and have to wipe off the excess, it's really easy and mess free to do.  I opted for the waterproof version since my eyes tend to water a lot and all the non-waterproof mascara I've used just end up messy.  Oh, and did I mention it's easy to take off at the end of the day?

I think this will be my new go to mascara for a while.  What's your current favorite mascara?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know your questions and comments! We welcome any comments on hair, makeup, products, etc!

Inappropriate comments will be deleted.