Thursday, September 20, 2012

An Interview with a Hair Stylist

Elle magazine often interviews hair stylists and makeup artists and I always love reading it!  So I thought it would be fun to interview Patrick and learn a little bit more about him and his hair styling technique!  So I ripped the page out of my magazine and asked Patrick the questions!

Kirsten's questions are in bold and Patrick's answers are below!

Is there one beauty tool every woman should own?
Yes, a proper teasing comb!

What have you been using it for lately?
I use it to define and give volume behind the chair. I have been using it lately on all of the session work I do for photo shoots and editorials.

Elle Magazine always talks about "expensive hair."  What's the best way to achieve "upscale hair" or get a posh look?
The best way to achieve this look is all in the Cut, Color and Style your stylists gives you. The right product choices make all the difference in the world. If you want expensive looking hair, it is a great opportunity to ask your stylist for a styling lesson and to learn what products give you the expensive look you want.

And for volume?  What's the easiest way to get great volume?
The right blow out and the correct product choices. A few of my favorite products are Sexy Hair's "Big Sexy Hair," Big Volume Shampoo and Conditioner, Root Pump and Root Pump Plus, Powder Play and Spritz and Stay. The products you choose make a huge difference in how to get awesome volume. Don't be afraid to use a lot of product to achieve volume. The right product choices will give you volume without a sticky or heavy crunchy feel. Use your new found teasing comb to achieve this look while styling.

You've done your fair share of weddings and black tie evnts, do you have a go-to updo?
I don't have a go to Up-do or Up-style. I design each look for the person I am styling according to the event they are attending. I like to give a one of a kind style that is unique to each individual. This sets them apart at the function and places my signature on their fabulous locks.

What are your tricks for getting fresh looking locks on days you don't have time for a blow-out?
One Product! Sexy Hair's "Big Sexy Hair" Volumizing Dry Shampoo. This is my "go to" product. Not only to keep hair looking fresh between shampoos but for creating volume on 2nd and 3rd day hair.

If a woman came to you wanting to invest brand new hair style, what would your pick be?
My pick would be, what would work best for them, and their daily styling regimen. I would base this decision according to their lifestyle. It would include a cut tailored just for them and a creative color. It would also include a styling lesson as I am blowing out their hair so they can achieve the same look at home.

What do YOU think?  Love Patrick's advice?  Loathe it?  Let us know, we love comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know your questions and comments! We welcome any comments on hair, makeup, products, etc!

Inappropriate comments will be deleted.