Whether you love or hate Valentine's Day, there's no better excuse to look fabulous and spend a little more time on your makeup than a holiday. Valentine's Day gives us the perfect excuse to look a little extra feminine and glam it up in pink, whether you've got a hot date at a fancy restaurant or are drinking champagne and catching up with Downton Abbey on your DVR. Here are some great ways to indulge your feminine side:
- Today is the day to try the monochromatic look - go for pink from eye shadow, cheeks, and lips, just keep it in similar tones and pick one feature to amp up the intensity.
- Try a blush with a bit of shimmer built in or mix in a luminizer/highlighter in with a cream blush for extra glow.
- Play up your pout with a crayon like lip stain. While it will rub off on your champagne glass, it has great staying power even after cocktails.
- Want a more subtle eye look? Shade your eyes with a shimmering nude and then use a poppy pink liner on top paired with black on bottom. Follow it with a couple coats of mascara or false eye lashes if you're feeling extra fancy.
- Show off your decolletage by sweeping on some bronzer or shimmer powder. Use a small setting brush or a fan brush for the best coverage.
What are your Valentine's Day plans?
Want to know more about the products above? Click here to see the polyvore board complete with links.