Thursday, May 31, 2012

He Tried/She Tried - Big SexyHair Volumizing Dry Shampoo

Welcome to the newest He Tried/She Tried!  Last time we tried the Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Beach Spray, now we're tackling dry shampoo.  Read on for Patrick's take and Kirsten's take on this Sexy Hair product.

He Tried
I recommended Kirsten use Sexy Hair’s Big Sexy Hair Volumizing Dry Shampoo because she does not like to shampoo on a daily basis, which is totally fine.  Even people with curly hair don’t need to shampoo on a daily basis - I have curly hair clients that don’t shampoo at all. They simply use conditioner in place of shampoo and say they love the result on their hair. (Stay tuned for another post about products by Sexy Hair that offer an alternative solution for curly hair clients who like to shampoo and condition).

Sexy Hair’s Volumizing Dry Shampoo has the ability to absorb dirt, excess oil and product buildup. Knowing Kirsten’s hair and her regimen, I thought this product would make a fabulous addition to Kirsten’s daily routine of caring for her hair. I also mentioned that I use this often to prep the hair for Up-Do’s. It is quick, easy and efficient. It leaves the hair feeling clean and adds volume to the hair.

The instructions that I gave Kirsten to use the product were very simple. I told her to hold the can 6 to 8 inches away from her hair and spray directly onto the scalp area, focus the product where she tends to be oily and that would keep the oil at bay between shampoos. Since this product won't build up on the hair so it can be used daily.  Here's what Sexy Hair has to say...

BIG VOLUMIZING DRY SHAMPOO
What it is:
Use on dry hair to absorb dirt, excess oil and product build-up. Creates volume, provides UV protection and helps maintain color by lengthening time between washes.

How to use:
Shake can well then hold 6-8 inches away from head. Spray lightly onto scalp, focusing on roots. Leave on for two minutes and brush out excess product.


She Tried
Patrick handed me a sample size bottle of Big Sexy Hair's dry shampoo and told me to give it a try and let him know what I thought.  I'm not a big proponent of dry shampoo as I usually wear my hair up everyday and if I do wear my hair down, I usually shampoo it before hand.  But I decided to give it a try - and I'll admit - I actually liked it.

I made sure to follow the instructions on the back of the bottle, which is very important.  Shake, spray on roots, and let sit for two minutes.  Letting it sit before brushing is VERY important.  Don't try this and brush your hair before letting the product soak in - You'll feel silly with hair sections every which way and all stiff, but trust me, it's worth it.  After the two minutes I brushed my hair lightly and I was moderately impressed with the results.  At the crown, the hair was lifted and had much more volume than it did before.  The back section of my hair that is always my problem spot was still a little oily, but this bottle of dry shampoo worked exponentially better than the Treseme bottle I had used a few times that was stashed in my cabinet.

My only disappointment was that it didn't smell nearly as nice as the beach spray I had tried before.  I can't say I'll be a dry shampoo convert, I still prefer to wear my hair down after washing, but I would definitely use this product again.

Have you tried the Sexy Hair dry shampoo?  Leave a comment and let us know what you think!

~Patrick & Kirsten

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this review. I have been wanting to try dry shampoo!

    ReplyDelete

Please let us know your questions and comments! We welcome any comments on hair, makeup, products, etc!

Inappropriate comments will be deleted.