Tuesday, June 5, 2012

I Tried It - DIY Sugar Scrub

My DIY Sugar Scrub
I always read in magazines, exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate.  They say it does wonders for making your skin look lustrous, glowing, and healthy.  So I decided to try it out myself.  I opted for the eco-friendly route and made my own DIY (do-it-yourself) sugar scrub with ingredients from my kitchen.  After some googling, here's the recipe I came up with:

Sugar (white or brown)
Olive Oil
Honey
Lime Juice (or lemon juice)

I mixed about 3/4 cup of sugar with a couple tablespoons of olive oil, a squeeze of honey and a dash of lime juice.  I definitely winged it, just dashing things in a bowl and stirring to combine.

It worked wonders!  I applied in the shower, rubbed in, and washed off with a wash cloth.  All the magazines' claims were true, a body scrub is the answer for healthy, happy, and soft skin.  I was super soft and smelled yummy, plus I got to feel good about using an all natural product.

The Verdict? A definite do over!

Have you created your own body scrub?  Do you have a favorite store bought scrub?
Leave a comment and let us know!
~Kirsten


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know your questions and comments! We welcome any comments on hair, makeup, products, etc!

Inappropriate comments will be deleted.