Monday, February 25, 2013

I Tried It: A (Healthy Hair) Pinterest Updo


As I've been embarking on my Hair Repair Challenge, I've been trying to wear my hair down as much as possible, but as I was headed to ballet class, I needed an updo.  Since I created a Pinterest board to help me with some healthy hair style and updo inspiration (check it out here) and I decided to take a stab at creating one of my pins.  The style (shown at left) seemed simple and looked great.  Here were the instructions that came with it:

Try this. 2 elastics. 1 at the scalp: high pony second at the end of the hair. Join the ends into the center of the first and pin. Do this all too often, get compliments all the time.







Seemed easy enough.  So I grabbed two elastics and some hair pins and got started.  After drying my hair I used an anti-frizz serum and spritzed the pony tail with some dry shampoo and a few sprays of beach spray to give it some texture, then did a touch of back combing at the base with a small, packed bristle brush for volume.  I used five hair pins (the open, "U" shaped kind, NOT bobbi pins...Patrick has banned me from those).  Since I would be dancing, I wanted it to stay in-place, but if you're creating this look for "normal life" you could get away with one or two at the point you tuck it in. Then I sprayed the crap out of it with hair spray.  It was easy enough to create, but didn't look as fabulous as the photo.  I think the model in the photo was blessed with MUCH thicker hair than I (at least that's my 
excuse). 




Here's what I ended up with.  See, the blonde chick above has WAY more hair than I do.  But, it's not too bad don't you think?  Have you ever tried a hairstyle you found online or on Pinterest?  How did it go?  Leave a comment and let me know! 
~Kirsten 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know your questions and comments! We welcome any comments on hair, makeup, products, etc!

Inappropriate comments will be deleted.