Monday, March 11, 2013

I (won) Tried it: Laura Mercier Makeup


I won a Pinterest contest!!!  My first ever from Laura Mercier and Marie Claire.  I "Pinned it to win it" from their Project Runway Allstars Season 2 board and they gifted me with makeup from the winning look of the Project Runway Finale!

Not going to lie...I was pretty pumped, and it was really exciting to open that box full of makeup when it came in the mail. I've had limited experience with luxury makeup brands, save from the occasional Lancome and Elizabeth Arden, and  I've never tried Laura Mercier, so I was looking forward to giving it a go.

Here's what was in my winning package:
moisturizer with spf, primer, foundation, two types of concealer, powder, blush, eye liner, eye shadow, and a tube of lipstick.





My thoughts? It's great makeup!  The foundation is rich and creamy, the concealer colors are great and easy to apply, and the powder disappears perfectly.  I found myself using less powder eye shadow than I usually did, but I was most impressed with the primer.  I'd only tried a couple primers and didn't care for them, but Laura Mercier's primer went on like a dream.  It was creamy, but not overly so, didn't feel like I was smearing silicone on my face, and let my foundation slide on easily.  I can definitely see its appeal for long days and keeping makeup in place, although it does take a little getting used to as it's an extra layer I wasn't used to applying.

At left, my new stash!  The potted concealer and lip color are my favorite.  Their packaging is also extra lush, it has a nice weight and texture and almost all of the compacts come with mirrors.  It looks like the eye liner could be refillable too.  No doubt I'll be looking for upcycling ideas when all the makeup is gone, it'd be a waste to recycle such gorgeous packaging.


Check out the look I created with my Laura Mercier!  Not included for my daily makeup look was mascara and an eyebrow tint/wax, so I added those and the only other makeup I added to my look was prepping my eyes with a shimmery nude shadow.

I'd definitely recommend their makeup.  I'm not sure if I'm ready to spend $43 on foundation, but I am tempted to try out some of their other products.  If you're looking to start with their line, check out their awesome Flawless Face Finder, an interactive quiz to match you with their products.


A huge thank you to the ladies at Laura Mercier for all the makeup!  More looks sure to come.  Have you tried Laura Mercier?
~Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know your questions and comments! We welcome any comments on hair, makeup, products, etc!

Inappropriate comments will be deleted.