Tuesday, July 31, 2012

1930s Inspired Hair: Product Swap Out


For those of you that don't know, I (Kirsten) often grace the stages of the midwest as a singer, dancer, and actor.  With that comes many interesting hairstyles and has helped me perfect my updo technique. My most recent show took place in 1930s Germany and since we had to handle our own hair and makeup, Patrick and I tried a product swap out.  I sent him a list of products I usually use and he gave me a slew of salon products to replace them with.  Here's the list:


-Tresseme 24 Hour Body Hairspray or Aqua net
Sexy Hair ~Big Sexy Hair Spray and Stay
-Got 2B Kinky Curling Mousse
Sexy Hair ~ Curly Sexy Hair Curl Power Spray Mousse, Liquid Curling Gel
-Grapeseed curling cream (light texture, white cream, a walmart brand)  
Sexy Hair ~ Full on Curls 
-John Frida Frizz Ease Serum
Sexy Hair ~ Silky Sexy Hair Frizz Eliminator
-A wax paste for my forehead frizzies
Sexy Hair ~ Short Sexy Hair Hardware This product will plaster your wisps. Use it sparingly if you are not shampooing between shows. Play with a little first and then adjust accordingly.
-Garnier Frutrise Anti-humidity Sleek and Shine Cream or their Smoothing Milk 
Sexy Hair ~Short Sexy Hair Rocked Out you can couple this one with the Frizz Eliminator ~ and Big Sexy Hair Big Shine. A couple of mists when you are completely done styling.

The requirements were tough, my hair had to stay in place through a 2.5 hour outdoor show filled with singing, dancing, and costume and hat changes.  I opted for a low, curly chignon style, with a piece-y top section and rolled sides.  The products Patrick suggested were up to the task!  There were only two I wouldn't use again, the Sexy Hair Full on Curls and Liquid Curling Gel, they were both way to sticky for my taste and hard to work with on damp hair, but I loved the rest!  The most important thing I learned from my product swap out, is that the Sexy Hair line cocktails really well.  Feel free to mix and match products from all of the Sexy Hair lines, they'll all work well together in your hair!

Stay tuned in the next couple of weeks for more He Said/She Said Reviews of these products.  

~Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know your questions and comments! We welcome any comments on hair, makeup, products, etc!

Inappropriate comments will be deleted.