Thursday, August 2, 2012

Kirsten's Secret to Long Lasting Blush


I received the best compliment the other day - "your blush always looks fantastic!"  My friend wanted to know my "secret" so I gladly shared my blush routine with her.  Want to know?  I keep my blush long lasting and perky pink by using two different kinds and layering it!

After applying foundation (I'm currently obsessed with Maybelline's Dream Smooth Mousse and Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse) I apply a cream mousse like Maybelline's Dream Bouncy Blush with my Real Techniques Stippling Brush* using small circular motions on the apples of the cheeks.  I love this brush for its densely packed bristles and its ability to buff in color, it works great with cream blush.  Then immediately on top of the cream blush I use a multi-deminsional colored powder blush, a palette with some pinks, peaches, and nudes works best for me, my current favorite is NYC Color Wheel.  Use a soft blush brush, I like the EcoTools Blush Brush*, to swipe color on the apples of the cheeks and blend upwards.  If the look is a little too bright, use a Buffing Brush* to buff in and tone done the color.  Voila, doubling up on blush helps ensure you'll stay bright cheeked all day long.  If the top layer wears off, there's always something underneath!

~Kirsten
*Full disclosure, I do work for a company that has Real Techniques as a client, but I purchased and tried this brush all on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know your questions and comments! We welcome any comments on hair, makeup, products, etc!

Inappropriate comments will be deleted.