Tuesday, June 19, 2012

He Tried/She Tried: Pureology Nourishing Nectar




This week, Kirsten and Patrick give their take on  the Pureology Color Stylist Nourishing Nectar Sculpting Gel.  Read on to see the stylist and client perspectives of this Pureology product:


Patrick Tries
I love Pureology products for color treated hair. These products can also be used on non-color treated hair. They are gentle and safe and don't disturb your fabulous tresses after you have had your color done. When I asked Kirsten to take some sample products to use and see how she liked them, I should have explained to her that this line has a very distinct scent. In looking back, I would have liked to take more time to introduce her to the line, however, I also wanted a very raw and organic review. (Which Kirsten lives up to and gives an honest assessment below). 

The Color Stylist Nourishing Nectar is a product that you may use on it's own to prep your hair for a blow out. You can also utilize this product as a cocktail with other Pureology Color Stylist products to add shape control and maximum volume, but sometimes hairdressers like to think out of the box.  For this product I like the way it air drys on the hair and love the feeling you get as a result of allowing the hair to dry naturally. Yes it does have a "funny color," as Kirsten mentioned: but don't worry, these are pearlescent beads designed to give the hair shine as should have explained that further to Kirsten so she wasn't confused.  Read on for her review.
Cheers,
Patrick

Kirsten Tries
Apparently, when you color your hair, they make special color treated products to go with it.  I'd known you needed to use shampoo for color treated hair, but I had no idea they made gel?!  So Patrick handed me his bottle of Nourishing Nectar Gel and asked me to try it and see what I thought.

The pros?
~ It's a great gel, it holds well and can take care of my face framing frizzies with only a small drop.
~The packaging is attractive.  If you've read my I Tried It: Baby Lips post, you know I'm a sucker for pretty packaging.
~ There's brushability.  There's no nasty snarling of your hair when it comes time to brush it out.

The Cons?
~ The Pureology website says you have to use it and then blow dry, and I don't blow dry often, so it makes me feel like I'm not using it to its fullest potential.
~ I'm not a fan of the smell.  It's probably because I'm used to more flower-y sweet or no smell gels, but there's just something off about the smell of this one.  It's not bad, just unusual.  That said, you don't smell it once it's in your hair.
~ It has a yellow paired with and metallic pink pearl look.  It's just an odd color.  Is it going bad?  Should it be that color?  I have no idea.

Overall, it was a fine product and I used it several times.   Would I purchase a bottle of it, probably not.
~Kirsten

Check out our other He Tried/She Tried Posts
Big Sexy Hair Volumizing Dry Shampoo
Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Beach Spray

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know your questions and comments! We welcome any comments on hair, makeup, products, etc!

Inappropriate comments will be deleted.